Wednesday, December 3, 2008

See You Next Tuesday

I am just as freaked out about The Big C being named Secretary of State as you. Fear not, my minions. Boxxy's got your back on this one.

When she started to be mentioned seriously as a presidential candidate, I was terrified. Then I took comfort in the fact that there was no way. Just as it was true that The USA and all of our red states would never elect a black President, it was also true that we would never elect a woman President. So much for that theory.

When she started to be mentioned seriously as a potential nominee for Secretary of State, I was terrified. I have seen the light. We have nothing to fear. We can count on Hillary. I am certain that we can count on her to take at least one foreign affairs situation and fuck it inextricably into a cocked-hat. Once that has been accomplished, she will have disqualified herself as a viable presidential candidate. I understand that we're going to need a woman to break the gender barrier, just as President-Elect Obama has broken the color barrier, but not this broad. I'm telling you. Boxxy's here for you, baby.

Of course, we have to hope that her failure isn't so abysmal that it casts us into the throes of The Apocolypse. That would be bad... but probably not as bad as President Clinton II. (and you thought Bush II was a nightmare.)

That's just a theory I could be wrong. Just in case, I'm learning the words to "O, Canada."
(I said I am here, I didn't say I'd stay here if everything goes to shit! "I may be crazy, baby, but I ain't no fool")

No comments: